[nagdu] Guide dog attacked; Owner needs help with needed surgery

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 4 04:42:45 UTC 2011

Hi, Tami,
Both sides of the picture seem a little awkward to me.
Yes, I agree it was weird that despite those dogs attacked another one a
year prior, they were allowed to remain with their owners.
Here's a good example I can share.
In Denver, County, we're all required to keep our dogs on leash at all
times, guide/hear/assistance dog or not; they have to be leashed at all
times and kept under control.
Same requirement also goes for having dogs licensed and wearing tags.
If you fail to revaccinate your dog's shots, you are automatically fined.
In Littleton, Colorado, Animal Control out there is very laxed when it comes
to the use of a leash.
They don't even stay on top of making sure the dogs are licensed and wearing
tags continuously.
Owners are also never nailed for not keeping up with renewal of
vaccinations.
Although my friend Amanda Dreher follows the rules all together, she's had
issues with other dogs getting up in her hearing dog Louie's face and
becoming a nuisance.
If Louie barks or snaps at the loose dogs who are unknown, it is usually not
his fault and that falls on the other dogs and owners.
Although it's good laws and leash requirement along with relicensing dog
tags are a rule, sometimes, I wonder if it is all worth it since people
really don't care and act like they don't have to obey.
Honestly, I'd rather keep up with everything on Odie regardless to keep my
behind safe and make sure he is safe too.
Just my thoughts.
Bibi