[nagdu] issue with dog going to greet people

Nemanja Djurdjevic ndjurdjevic at umassd.edu
Mon Sep 5 18:38:20 UTC 2011

Hello List,

My name is Nemanja Djurdjevic, and I am a recent graduate of the seeing eye
with a yello lab named Mary. She is my first guide of any kind from any
school. While I am doing routes on campus, Mary likes to turn off routes and
greet other people and investigate other things. I tried using the gentle
leader and it seems to have curbed the behavior slightly. I correct her when
she does this, with and without the gentle leader, but again, it only helps
slightly. I discourage people from petting her while she is in harness, so
it's not like they're greeting her. Are there any other steps I can take?
Thank you very much for your help,

Nemanja