[nagdu] some advice

Criminal Justice Major Extraordinaire orleans24 at comcast.net
Sun Sep 18 20:10:07 UTC 2011

During a situation of sorts, then I would put my dog on tie down.
I always have a habbit of making sure Odie gets outtside to empty blatter
and colan out to avoid accidents.
Since I do take long, relaxing baths and if my husband Dale is asleep, I
still take Odie outtdoors to empty out before the bath.
That is to avoid accidents of all cause.
Odie doesn't like to have indoor accidents as he always got in trouble for
them, especially if they were on purpose, more due to his failure of letting
me know when he needed to go outtside for potty time.
Here comes the funny part.
One time when I was in a deep sleep and Dale was working on school work,
Odie had to go to the bathroom really bad.
When he couldn't wait any longer, big boy went into the bathroom, climbed
into the bath tub and took his long pea in there.
Odie felt so embarrassed about the whole thing, he punished himself
immediately.
Dale went into the bathroom and discovered it smelled like pea, but he
didn't find it immediately.
When he checked the bath tub, that's when it was noticed.
My husband told Odie he was a good boy and that he did the smart thing by
climbing into the bath tub to go to the bathroom.
Odie was much happier after that.
I still look back at that and have to laugh at it.
*Smiles*
Dogs can definitely do the odest things, that's for sure.
When it comes to Odie being around smaller kids yunger than age five, I am
more in tuned on keeping a close eye on him and touching him continuously to
see where his head is.
With older kids, I loosen up a lot more as I figure he can behave himself.
If need be, a baby gate can be put up to keep both baby and dog separated,
but the best type of baby gate is to get a tall one with pluccy glass and
hard plastic.
Still, it's up to the parents to be responsible and watch what their yungan
is doing.
Bibi