[nagdu] Preparing for training

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Sep 23 12:32:32 UTC 2011

The only preparation for training I've ever seen is the reccomendations in
old GDB and TSE pre-class literature advising one to get used to walking,
the farther and faster the better.  They used to say one could get a boy
scout to help with this project, which always amused me.
I don't know if they still make these reccomendations, but it never hurts
to get out and walk.
Another reccomendation is to bring good walking shoes.  One of my
classmates missed that bit and brought heels, and had to make a quick trip
to the mall with the trainer to buy sneakers!  Best to bring good,
broken-in, walking shoes.
Hmmm, what do you really need to be ready for training?  Good shoes, a
healthy body, and an open mind, that's what I'd say.
Tracy