[nagdu] additional tasks

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Sep 29 13:42:32 UTC 2011

Cindy,

Your cookie story reminds me of a pizza incident when Monty was a
puppy.  He was bad about jumping on counters and he's tall.  It's a bad
combination! LOL  I had been working on getting him to bring me whatever
thing he had picked up, sometimes it was food, sometimes socks, crumpled
paper, random things from under the couch ...all sorts of stuff.  I'd
take it from him in trade for a treat.  I didn't want him to associate
taking things with getting in trouble because I feared he'd go hide
someplace to devour the thing.  Anyway this particular day I had made a
frozen pizza for lunch.  I pushed the leftovers to the back of the
counter thinking they were safe.  Nope.  He brought me a piece of pizza
and dropped it on my foot.  Then he looks at me and wags and wags like
he had done something grand!   The slice of pizza was whole and in tact,
not even teeth marks.  I gave him a piece of boring dog food in trade
and he was happy.  Strange dog! LOL

Julie