[nagdu] additional tasks

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 13:44:25 UTC 2011

We play the touch game a lot here, too. /smile/ I had taught Mitzi, then
we taught Daisy, so it was a good way to begin proper obedience with
Daisy. Also, the competitive obedience between the two went a long way
toward establishing peace and order between the two prima donnas. /lol/
And you're right. Teaching the dog to touch makes getting it under the
table or chair or whatever a whole lot easier. /smile/

So lately, Mitzi has been doing a silly little thing. I give her her
bone in the evening, and she comes to put it on my lap. Then we play the
touch, take, give game with it. Then she will take it and run chew it
for a bit. Then she brings it back... I think she's trying to play a
version of the strategic keep away game she and Daisy would play every
evening with the bones. There would be much snarking band barking and
growling, with the dog with the bone being very possessive and flaunting
the bone at the other, who would stare at it. There seemed to be a
strict set of rules, and some order in which the bone would change hands
-- or mouths. I was somehow necessary in the game, but I never did
figure out where I fit in. I was expected to know and to do the right
thing, though! /lol/ So now, Mitzi's making me a different part of the
game somehow. I do wish she would publish the rules so I know what I'm
expected to do. Teehee. As long as it keeps her entertained.

Tami