[nagdu] additional tasks

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 29 17:27:38 UTC 2011

Oh, how fun! Never thought of using boxes for that... I used playground
equipment for some agility stuff when Mitzi was a yearling, and we still
will play on the kiddy stuff when we can sneak in a chance at the
park. /lol/ But I never thought of using boxes for the tunneling...
Hm...

I think that clicker training makes a huge difference, but I'm biased,
you know. /grin/ Well, positive reinforcement training in general makes
a difference in the interaction between human and animal, and it does
seem to affect how the animal problem solves in the cooperative
relationship between animal and trainer. The clicker is a great tool,
though, because it captures behavior so explicitly and immediately. Took
me awhile to get the hang of using it effectively when I added that to
our toolkit, but then things really took off! And Mitzi has been great
about teaching me to use that for fun stuff, too. /grin/ What a hoot!

Well, keep those menfolk busy while you play with the dog. /grin/

Tami