[nagdu] Has anyone experienced chronic "urine leakage" from a spayed female dog?

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 12:57:04 UTC 2012

Bryan,
My service dog, a female Doberman, has had this issue since shortly after she was spayed.  She does take Proin and has done for almost 4 years now.  She was on a very high dose, 150 mgs a day broken up into 3 daily pills.  We have since backed her down to 50 mg a day, with a half a pill twice a day.
We did notice an increase in her flight fight response on the high doses, and this was the reason for the change. She is doing well on this dose.
The pill can increase blood pressure and put the dog at increased risk of stroke, but this risk is small.  Most dogs take it with out issue.

Rox
Sent from my iPhone