[nagdu] Has anyone experienced chronic "urine leakage" from a spayed female dog?

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 01:44:13 UTC 2012

Sure, it is a regular problem with spayed female dogs. We have one that has it and is taking the same drug, though she is taking just one pill daily. Generally they will always have to take it. Don't know the name but the neck of the bladder relaxes and they leak if there is much of any in it. They aren't aware at all. They used to give estrogen for that; at TSE one of the instructors read that they were having success with PPA on Newfoundlands and so they decided to try it with the dogs. Dexotrim, which is no longer given, has the drug in it. I gave that to my dog but it had caffeine in it; YIKES! She was wired for about three days, so I got the drug over the counter. It is now banned from humans, but it is still given to animals, I think this is what our vet told us.

Cindy