[nagdu] another what would you do question

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 16:28:00 UTC 2012

Hello all!

I have another what would you do in this situation question.  I'm going
to apologize in advance because my information is going to seem cryptic.

I am attending an event with other blind people and some guide dogs.  I
am riding to this event in a van with one of the other guide dogs.  I am
planning on taking Monty.  I have heard from more than one trusted
source that the other guide dog is aggressive.   I do not know the other
guide dog handler at all.  I do not know what program the dog is from.
Not going to this event is not an option.  getting there another way is
an extremely remote option that I'm looking into.  Even if I do find
other transportation I will be in a small hotel for the weekend where
this other guide dog will also be.

So what do I do?  I've thought about leaving Monty, but there won't be
anyone available to care for him.  I'd have to leave him at the dog
sitter's place.  It also feels like leaving Monty is allowing the other
person to not take responsibility for his dog.

Is there some obvious solution that I'm overlooking? I know you guys are
awesome and will have great ideas.

TIA
Julie