[nagdu] another what would you do question

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 15:27:03 UTC 2012

I understand this, but would you call a training school or, for that matter, animal control because  dog was growling? I can see that something could happen quickly, but for me, if a dog is growling, I'm just going to steer as clear of it as I can until I know what the drill really is. I mean, I can see why the woman might have called animal control or, in my, case, the school, because of what Fisher did. He barked and growled and broke away, but experience has shown me that he wanted to get to know the dog a little bit and then he's cool. If you didn't know that dog, you might have thought he was mean. Unfortunately, in the situation I faced, the woman did know me. We could have discussed it, but instead she called the school and told them she thought I was having trouble handling my dog. It still upsets me when I think about it, but I could have understood her calling someone if she did not know me. I was holding the dog's leash, but he's strong and I wasn't expecting someone's pet to be at the convention in the hospitality room.

Cindy