[nagdu] Church update from Colorado Springs

Jennifer Perdue jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 16:06:43 UTC 2012

Hi,

Just as something to give people information.

I am a member of the LDS church, and they have never denied my dog access.  In fact, the first time a go to a new ward, congregation, I took my dog to the primary, which is where the children are taught, and talk about my dog and how important it is not to touch him.  Also, I give them a chance to ask as many questions about the dog or my blindness as they wish, and tell them that if they think of any more questions they can always come to me, no matter when, and not feel embarrassed or afraid.  I tell them that it is better to ask and know the correct answers, than to not ask and have the wrong information.

I've always been blessed to have that experience, and they will all wonder where my Brooksie is this Sunday when he is not there for the first time and I just have my cane.

I requested a free long cane from NFB because I want to try a long cane versus a standard cane.

Unfortunately it doesn't fold, and when I have tried to use the telescopic canes from the NFB, they have always collapsed when I ran into something.

Anyway, just another sad fact of retiring my boy.

Jenny