[nagdu] Welcome to the list / Tipton's on going training

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 01:09:52 UTC 2012

Hi Laural and Jenny, I forgot to mention that I work my dog from a
wheelchair and my dogs have to have a lot of energy and stamina to work
this way. That is why I like Huskies for my guide dogs. Tipton is one of
our rescue huskies. She never had the chance to really be a puppy as her
former owner allowed her to become pregnant at 6 months of age. I don't
know if this was intentional or accidental.She was picked up by Animal
Control as a stray. The puppies were never found. We rescued her from the
pound as she was slated for euthanasia. She had kennel cough,mastitis,from
all the milk she still had, and was depressed and grieving for her lost
litter of pups.She was listed as unadoptable.She is now healthy, although
she still needs to gain more weight. She is very sweet and absolutely
adores me and of course, I adore her. I am giving her time to just be a
puppy for awhile.She had never had any training,but I am working on this.
She now walks on a loose leash most of the time, will sit and lie down when
asked. We are working on sit and down stays.We are still working on house
manners as she likes to steel food,get into the waste paper basket and chew
up paper.She also chews on any thing she can get her teeth on,like
electrical cords and mouse cords  and table legs,ect......I am rapidly
using up my second bottle of bitter apple.She has lots of chew toys and she
makes good use of them.My friend,Johnny,who also works with the rescue just
brought Tipton home from the vets.She is still pretty much out of it so I
will just let her sleep on her blanket next to me. Oh.....my poor baby. I
have to wait until she is fully awake before I can give her a pain pill.
Well, I have to go for now.Take care,Mardi and Shaman and Tipton,who is a
little under the weather right now.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/