[nagdu] Church update from Colorado Springs

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 14 02:41:12 UTC 2012

Ah. I'll have to check again... I need to scrap up some $$$ from my next
paycheck for a new rollerball cane... Or something. I have my nice free
white cane, which is great for many things when I'm not going dog. But I
gave away my last too-short roller ball cane to a short friend of mine
and have noticed that for walking around this neighborhood (where we are
likely to be moving) with the usual NFB tip is a bit roughter than with
a roller ball.

I like the Advantage graphite, unless they have come up with a lighter
material for them. The roller ball gets a little heavy over distance,
but for less friendly ground, it's just easier.

I sort of like the telescoping cane for a purse or picket cane, but
don't currently have one. Instead I have the pencil thin (sort of)
Advantage cane. it's short and flimsy, but is actually very nice to
carry around and good in a pinch. If something happened to my dog
(heaven forbid!), I could walk home with it. Carefully. /lol/ I tend to
get going and be a little hard on my canes.

Anyway, I will check out the NFB folding version!

Tami