[nagdu] Church update from Colorado Springs

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Apr 15 13:11:42 UTC 2012

If you pull each section tight -- and give it a little twist, they
tend to stay together -- at least that is my experience.  Personally
I prefer a long straight cane, but I have a heavy tap so telescopic
canes don't seem to stay out for me.  It depends on you, how you use
the cane, etc.  There is no magic answer.  For me the security of
having a cane that won't collapse vastly outweighs the occasional
inconvenience of having a non-collapsing cane.

Each person has to decide that for herself.  A dog occasionally isn't
convenient for those around you -- someone may have an allergy, the
dog may shed or smell doggy etc., but that doesn't diminish your
right to use it.  Likewise with a long cane.  Someone may feel that
it gets in their way, and you should put it away -- tough I say.

Dave