[nagdu] an update from me

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 04:34:14 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
This evening around 4:30 PM, I ended up placing a call into the Seizure Unit, more to find out what I'd need to expect and as far as my medications.
I also made them aware that I would have a service dog there, that Dale would be there to take care of Odie during my stay.
The clenic staff appreciated me making them aware of Odie bein present as they honestly admitted they don't have the knowledge nor the time to be trained on how to deal with service dogs as a whole.
I know some on list may not agree with how I appreoached the situation, but here is good reason why I did it this way.
Laura, the nurse in the seizure Unit at Denver Health Medical informed me that one time, they did have an incident occur where a person who was admitted brought their service dog and the staff weren't made aware of it prior to the paitient's arrival.
To save them some stress, I just went ahead and mentioned that Odie would be there.
During the time I'm there, I'll be on complete restriction where I will not be allowed to leave the clenic, so it's best Odie hangs out with his daddy anyway.
I am so, so, so ready to go ahead with all of this and get it all going to where after it's all finished, I'll be able to work on preparing for my next dog.
i'll definitely have a lot of messages to comb through, but will do it once I've recovered.
I'll definitely be all right to go to Reno, Nevada for the American Blind Bowlers Association Tournament Championships though and am lookng forward to the day Odie and I travel on the Amtraak train.
*Smiles*
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf