[nagdu] Loyal Lab Braves Traffic to Stay with Fatally Hit Friend

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 17 02:49:31 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Although I know this isn't guide dog related, I figured to pass it on if many decide to read it.
If not, feel free to move on to other messages.
The article seemed really good and made me realize how much I appreciate Odie even more.
*Smiles*
Got this from my husband Dale via email.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2012 3:07 PM
Subject: Loyal Lab Braves Traffic to Stay with Fatally Hit Friend
Loyal Lab Braves Traffic to Stay with Fatally Hit Friend
KTLA News
11:07 a.m. CDT, April 16, 2012
LA PUENTE, Calif. (KTLA) -- A loyal Labrador is making headlines around the world, after she braved traffic to stand beside another dog that had been hit and killed by a car.
It happened last Wednesday on a street in La Puente.
Video released over the weekend shows the loyal black Lab lying next to her fallen friend, a yellow Labrador.
A Good Samaritan who saw the dogs put down traffic cones to alert drivers.
Shelter workers and volunteers at the Baldwin Park Animal Care Center named the 2-year-old Lab "Grace," saying it just seemed right.
"She's amazing," said Aaron Reyes, of the L.A. Dept. of Animal Care and Control. "They call dog man's best friend, but as you can see she's clearly that other dog's best friend as well. We're so proud of her."
According to shelter staff, Grace appears to have been well cared for, but no one came forward to claim her.
People have been lining up for a chance to adopt the brave pup.
The Good Samaritan who put out the cones was the first in line to adopt Grace.
Animal care officials say he passed all the criteria and has been at the shelter to visit her every day.
Grace will be spayed on Monday and then she'll be ready to go home with her new owner.