[nagdu] Tell the whole truth

Natalie nrorrell at qwest.net
Wed Apr 18 22:05:15 UTC 2012

Hi Laurel,
I figured it was SEGD.  Another handler on another guide dog list I'm on has
expressed some serious concerns regarding her own personal experience with
that school.  My experience with GDA has been awesome through two great
dogs; with GDB, not as much, but that experience was more of a disagreement
with policy, instead of the dog and my partnership with her.  I treasure all
my experiences with all three of my dogs, and I'd never trade them for the
world.  In talking about and naming specific schools, I prefer to state that
this is my experience or what I've heard.  This way there's no room for
misinterpretation regarding how good or bad the school is as a whole.  I can
certainly understand how traumatizing your friend must feel.  Though I've
been lucky in never having had a compatibility issue with any of my guides,
I know that it could happen to anyone at any time.  I hope your friend will
choose to get a furry set of eyeballs at some point, and please let her know
I'm praying for her.  If you want any information on GDA and its training
policy, please don't hesitate to ask offlist or on, wherever you may feel
comfortable.  I'm happy to share.  Take care.
Best,
Nat and Liam Joshua