[nagdu] A Ray Of Hope and Other Things

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Apr 21 01:13:44 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Sub says it all.
I do see a ray of hope to continue my adventures with another partner beside me even when there are times I'll have to use a power wheelchair after having a convulsive grandmal seizure.
I am now apart of the Blind Rollers email list which I found on the NFBNET listserv.So far, I've gotten a couple of good responses with encouragement.
My hoes are that I can recommend the list for the wheelchair doctor I'm currently working with and he will be able to communicate with other blind individuals who are wheelchair bound.
I know one friend on a guide dog related list did tell me about another blind individual who is wheelchair bound, having to use a power chair and working with a guide dog.
Been meaning to contact her, but haven't gotten to it as of yet since so much has been happening.
I don't plan on giving up that fight yet and will keep pushing for my goal.
As for the rest...
I was originally supposed to have my respiratory appointment the same day of being admitted to denver Health for the seizure Control test.
I was able to change the respiratory appointment to Monday, April 23, 2012.
I find that a little better to where it won't feel like I'm having to rush across town.
Odie and I will be able to have a stress free trip to National Jewish Health on Monday.
I find that when both of us end up having to rush, I get frustrated and then Odie gets frustrated to where everything falls apart for the two of us.
Today, I ended up having to contact the Nuerology clenic to figure out why I hadn't seen anything paperwork wise in the mail and am glad I did my part.
I had to inform them to make sure that on my paperwork directly, Odie would be in the Seizure Unit along with my husband Dale that it is best to just have me in a room alone so the two will be able to stay with me during the night and there won't be any other problems, especially if it were another paitient that might not be fond of dogs in general.
I'll say I wasn't happy that my paperwork wasn't prepared immediately like I thought and did express my dissatisfaction to the representative in the Nuero Clenic.
kImberly, the rep didn't blame me for being an unhappy paitient and she agreed the admitance paperwork should have been started and prepared last week.
Thankfully, everything's taken care of and since I have to be on denver Health Medical's grounds next week, I plan to do a third check to be sure everything is in order.
I'm not wanting any unplanned surprises and won't put up with any game playing from them either.
*Smiles*
I believe in that I'll reach the ray of hope at the end of the tunnel.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf