[nagdu] howling was RE: Amazing dogs?

GARY STEEVES rainshadowmusic at shaw.ca
Mon Apr 23 21:43:39 UTC 2012

Hana:

This is true. When Bogart gets particularly distracted (like those pigeons again) I get him to sit and then lie down. People on the list have mentioned doing several of these. I find one is enough to get the point across to Bogart and we are off again. It can be awckward since once it was a person who he went to, veerring left from the sidewalk into a sort of courtyard/fountain area in front of a big building. He went right to this woman. I corrected him and while I was making Bogart do the sit and down thing I explained to her why I was doing it and she seemed to get it. People think you are really harsh on your dog to make him do this on the sidewalk. :) I only use it when I feel things are out of control and I need bogart to re-engage. In the two years we've been together probably have done this action five or six times.

Gary