[nagdu] Food was Re: Wanting to Chase all moving animals, especially small ones...

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 14:37:16 UTC 2012

Tracy, As my dogs only eat "people food" I'm going to have to agree
with you here.
I think it is lack of clear expectation on behalf of the human which
creates begging, not the food one does or does not feed.

My other question is, what makes "dog food" dog food?  If "people
food" is things like chicken, fish, veggies, fruits, and such then
dogs are eating "people food."  It has just been baked and formed into
shapes.

Are the shapes what key to making it "dog food?"
I don't think dogs really think of food in these terms.  I could be
wrong, though.

My dogs eat a raw diet-- which consists of raw chicken, beef, fish,
etc.  For treats they get dehydrated meats.  At home they will get a
bite off of my plate, depending on what it is.

My working dog goes under tables in restaurants, does not beg, and in
fact behaves so well that people usually don't know she's there.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm just very curious about
this whole "dog food" thing.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches:
Bristol, Mill'E, Laveau, Baylee,!

"Dance, even if you have to warn others to get out of the way first."
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: brissysgirl