[nagdu] Food was Re: Wanting to Chase all moving animals, especially small ones...

The Pawpower Pack pawpower4me at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 15:16:44 UTC 2012

Yes, most dog foods such as Iams, Science Diet, Pedigree, etc.  Are
made with ingredients which are not fit for humans.  The meat is
called four-D meat.  The four D's stand for dead, diseased, dying, or
downed/destroyed.
This meat is rendered at high temperatures which kills bacteria but
which also alters the nutritional values.  The grain used by these
companies to make dog food is also unfit for humans to eat.
Frequently these foods are preserved with EQ, BHA, or BTH.  All of
these things have been banned for use in humans.

There are companies out there which use USDA approved meat which is
fit for humans.  These companies also use human grade grains, and they
are preserved with things like Vitamin E.  This means that they have a
shorter shelf-life than foods with harsher preservatives, but they are
healthier.
I haven't feed commercial food in over ten years so I have no idea
which foods are human grade and which are not.

There is extensive information on the internet about this should you
wish to do your own research.

Rox and the Kitchen Bitches:
Bristol, Mill'E, Laveau, Baylee,!

"Dance, even if you have to warn others to get out of the way first."
http://pawpower4me.blogspot.com
  pawpower4me at gmail.com
AIM: brissysgirl