[nagdu] Question about crossing streets - hope this is guide dog related

Larry D. Keeler lkeeler at comcast.net
Mon Apr 30 18:04:05 UTC 2012

That is a great idea!  For example, are drivers in Morristown or Columbus
more aware of the significance of dogs than lets say Chicago or Seattle.
Also, I've been asking a few folks in conversation which is more noticable
and so far they say cane.  Unofficially, I'm getting that when they see the
cane they automatically know what it means.  When they see dogs they have to
look a little harder to notice the harness.  We could be just folks walking
our dogs to them.  But of course in tghos cities where dog training is
constantly going on, my hypothesis is that folks in those places will be
more aware of dog teams.  Finally, those of us that have dogs not commonly
used such as Holly and Mittsy, stand out and throw some folks off.  i've
hheard many comments about not seeing dogs like Holly being used for guide
work.