[nagdu] Tipton is not going to make it as a guide dog

Mardi Hadfield wolfsinger.lakota at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:06:58 UTC 2012

Hi every one. Sadly, Tipton has washed out as a guide dog.Her training was
going well but I just could not get her to stop the screeching sound she
insisted in doing.She would sound like she was being tortured.I think she
just liked to hear herself and turned up the volume if she thought no one
was listening.I have put her up for adoption.She will have to live in an
area that has no neighbors though! Last Saturday,August 4th,I bought a new
husky from a breeder. She is a black and white with blue eyes.Looks a lot
like Tipton,but without the freckles on her nose and without the long
hair.She is one and a half years old, a little on the shy side. She is
already coming around to be petted and loved on.She has never been around
cats but seems to like them.I have not given her a new name yet as I want
to see what her true personality is like and that will take a few weeks.We
are just getting to know each other now,but she is bonding with me quite
fast.I don't think she got much attention at her previous home and that is
why she was a little shy at first. We are working on obedience and house
manners now. She is a calm dog and I think she will make a good guide and
she doesn't screech like a Banshee! I will keep you updated on her
progress.  Mardi and Shaman and new dog.

--
http://wolfsinger-lakota.blogspot.com/