[nagdu] Licking Her Feet

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Aug 17 15:13:31 UTC 2012

Feet licking can also be from stress or something tasty on her feet in
addition to the already mentioned boredom or allergies.

Has she stepped in anything that may have gotten on her feet that might
taste good to her?  Have you tried washing her lower legs?  That may
help if it's an allergy too.

In what situations does she most often lick?  At home? in restaurants?
in meetings?  around other dogs?  If it's behavioral paying attention to
the environment may help you to figure out if it's boredom or stress.
Or maybe it's stress from boredom?  *smile* Exercise can help with
either as could fun games or obedience.

I don't know as much about allergies.  Does she have any other
symptoms?  Licking other places?  Scratching?  Watery eyes?  Dry skin or
changes in coat?  Is there a different smell to her skin?

I'm not asking you to answer any of these questions.  I'm just tossing
it out as food for thought so you can dig deeper and get to the root of
the problem, if there is a problem.  I think just about every dog I've
had has licked their feet or nether parts from time to time.  Generally
I ignore it, unless I notice other symptoms.

Good luck!
Julie