[nagdu] Ismael not doing things right

Ramona Davidson ramonadavidson88 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 20:04:10 UTC 2012

I am so stressed at this point i'm really not sure what to do.
ismaels guide work has been less than desirable as of late. last
saturday i took him to the vet for an ear infection which is all
cleared up now. we started having serious issues around that time, not
going all the way to kurbs, extreme vearing when crossing streets, and
just not listening to me. i chocked it up to the ear infection but
gave tse a call anyway, they told me that i should probably not walk
with my son for a wile to see if ismaels attention issue would clear
up, so i was pritty sure my son was the distraction. a few days ago
ismael started vearing extremely off course  i thought he was just
asuming I was wanting to go to places we had been before so i worried
about it but once again chocked it up to my son being with us.

today, I did some ONM on the college campus and my son stayed at home
with his daddy. I would have to say this has been the worss day yet.
wile crossing streets: I would feel him vearing and try to correct him
but he wouldn't listen. then we decided to do the street crossing
sighted guide and i did the sit, praze, good boy, tap my foot thing at
the kurbs  and it didn't work. we showed him exactly where we wanted
him to go and he still did not cross strate.
another issue, every time we would walk down the sidewalk and get up
to the intersection instead of taking me to the kurb he'd cut the
corner turn right and keep going down the street. i corrected him time
and time again, took him to the kurb, made him sit, tapped it with my
foot told him good boy, I must have done this about a million times,
he still would not go to the kurb.
we then did some clicker training to the pole thinking that if i could
at least get him to go to the pole  instead of going to the right than
i could at least get my self the rest of the way to the kurb, as long
as the treats were flowing and the clicker was out he went directly to
that pole every single time, as soon as the training was finished he
started zooming right past the pole again. i'm so frustrated.

I seriously want to bang my head against the wall right now. the onm
instructor says I seem to be doing everything right and she says i
need to get the seeing eye to come out but they keep  blowing it off
saying it's because we are still new, well i have tryed everything
they suggested and still no change.

is there anything i could be doing wrong??