[nagdu] Why so hard?

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed Aug 22 21:18:05 UTC 2012

Marsha,

Sometimes it's OK not to understand something. <smile> Just feel it.

One of the first things you will do at GDF is to have a grief lecture. All
of the retrains, even if you come from another school, have the grief
lecture on Monday evening before the dogs are issued. Dogs are usually
issued Tuesday afternoon to Wednesday, depending on the class. This lecture
has 2 parts. The first part is mandatory. The facilitator, one of our senior
instructors, goes over the grieving process and really says some things that
I think we all need to hear, like it's o.k. to not love your new dog
instantly. <smile>

The second part of the lecture is a sharing time for anyone who wants to
stay and talk more.

I found these sessions really helpful on my last several classes and hope
you do as well.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com
http://www.twitter.com/jeninems