[nagdu] Lots of Questions

Pickrell, Rebecca M (TASC) REBECCA.PICKRELL at tasc.com
Wed Aug 29 19:17:01 UTC 2012

My question to you is how you think a dog will bennifit you and why do you want one now?
Five ap courses is a lot. So is being a senior in high school, you have prom, you may even be able to vote and give blood if you are old enough.
You'll be in a period of your life where you won't really be regarded as an adult by anybody which means you'll probably have other adults telling you how to manage your dog.  How will you manage that? Do you want to manage it?
My advice would be to focus on being a senior in high school. Do really well in your classes.  Enjoy prom and graduation.  If you do senior ditch day, enjoy that. Get into a good college or figure out what you'll do after high school.
The guide dog schools aren't going anywhere.  You will only be a senior once. In many ways it's a sweet time.  It's also a little sad in that it will probably be the last time you and all the folks you went to high school with will be in the same place at the same time. It's something to make you stop and think.