[nagdu] where I don't take the dog was Lots of Questions

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Aug 31 21:05:43 UTC 2012

Julie and Cindy,
These things show exactly why the schools tell us not to throw away our
canes or us to never use a cane again.  We have two mobility aids and we
have the capability to use each one as needed and it's all good!

I don't take Landon if it is way too hot for him and I've left him for some
other things as well.  Recently, I left him home when I went to somebody's
tiny bungalow home to make buttons and signs for Pride.  There were two
small dogs and a TON of people crammed into that house and tiny patio out
back.  I was glad not to have had Landon with me.  He literally would have
had NO place to lie down where he wouldn't get stepped on!  Literally! LOL!
I was glad to be able to work on our projects without worrying about him
getting stepped on or fed junk by people who didn't know the rules.  Landon
stayed home and snoozed and kept my sister company.  I didn't bring him to
our CityFest event where I staffed my Democratic club's table.  It was
SOOOOOO hot that day!  I did see some dogs there but not as many as usual
for that event - and even some of those dogs wore booties!  Landon's comfort
was much more important than his entertaining folks who came to our booth.
He does this out of harness.  He deals well with visiting and then working
because he is a certified therapy dog as well so he enjoys this alot.  I
also leave him home alot when I grocery shop and need to take a cart on the
bus.  Much easier with a cane.

Each person and dog need to do as they deem the right thing to do in any
circumstance and people shouldn't criticise each other for our choices.

Landon goes to funerals and he comforts people there - family members or my
friends - at the appropriate time.  I had him at my Dad's funeral last week
at their church and later at my parents' house where we gathered afterwards.
We will have another memorial in late October when the rest of our huge
family can get there.  Landon will be there as well.

If I ride in private cars or visit private homes where I don't really know
the people, I will ask first before bringing Landon - just courtesy.  And
most of the time, they say a resounding YES because most of the people I
know love dogs and animals.

Everyone have a nice Labor Day.  Hope those of you in the path of TS Isaac
are safe and OK.  these storms can be so devastating!

Lyn and Landon