[nagdu] Guide dog use in countries other than the U.S.

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Aug 31 23:37:47 UTC 2012

Nadja,
Interesting you guys still use a cane along with the dog.  they did the same
here in the early days of guide dog use.  Do you have a stiff harness
handle - one made with metal covered by leather or a soft one that is
basically rolled leather?  When our schools started using a stiff handle
with the metal, they stopped using the cane.

Oh, I'm Lyn, spelled L Y N, and I live in southern California with Landon, a
Lab/Golden retriever mix.  He is almost seven years old and I got him at The
Seeing Eye in New Jersey.

I am 61 years old and work doing pet assisted therapy with Landon where we
bring small animals and a dog to visit nursing homes, mental health
facilities, and more.  I also am active in politics and my blind center.

Glad to see you.  I always like to know what it's like to be blind and use
guide dogs in other parts of the world.

Lyn and landon