[nagdu] One person made a difference

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Sun Dec 9 19:30:44 UTC 2012

I was talking to my friend yesterday about using a guide dog in Buenos
Aires.  He said they've had an access law for quite a while, but it hasn't
been enforced.  Then, a couple years ago, a blind guy with a guide dog
came from Spain to compete in a dance contest.  He didn't win the contest,
but he was on TV, and people were very taken with his guide dog.  My
friend says it really raised people's consciousness about guide dogs and
what they do, and access got noticeably better.
I thought it was interesting that one guy, just going about doing what he
wanted to do, made a difference for everyone.
Tracy