[nagdu] Scratching my head

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Sun Dec 9 22:18:19 UTC 2012

Hi guys,
Mark, I went on the website and I copied the exact info below:

There is a photo of a beautiful German shepherd - looks like bred in
Germany - wearing a black vest with the word "Service" in black, bold
lettering on the side in a white part of the vest.

CQB K-9 Service Dogs
Service Dog training is an option for your Personal/Executive Protection Dog
from CQB K-9.

Imagine being able totake your dog everywhere, medical appointments, dining,
schools, meetings. This is extra training and I do the Handler's Course at
CQB K-9 Headquarters or your location. Service ID badge & Vest included in
Purchase. The emotional and psychological benefits of having a bodyguard
that can perform as guide/assisted care and companion are truly priceless.

Service Dog Training an additional $2500

Ummmm, what say you legal beagles on the list?  I don't think they qualify
for access to everywhere like our dogs do.  I don't think a police officer
can bring his or her police dog anywhere unless it is performing police
duties - not being off duty and going out to eat with the spouse.

When I selected the "Contact Us" button, I got sent to a series of fields
for you to apply for a dog - no actual contact or e-mailing info.  And,
notice that they feature upfront that you can take this dog anywhere - not
even stressing the dog's actual training tasks for the protection work.
Interesting.

These kinds of dogs are generally taught to view strangers with suspicion
while out in public with the handler.  That's the whole idea - protect the
executive!  This can really be a problem for us - and the public.

Lyn and Landon
"Education creates tolerance towards diversity."