[nagdu] passive dog

Juanita Herrera juanitaherrera1991 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 03:57:27 UTC 2012

Hello Dar,
Sometimes dogs are just the way they are. It is just their personality to be passive. I was a bit concerned at first when I came home with my dog because all the other dogs I had previously met were hyper, but mine is extremely calm. I thought that maybe something was wrong with her but then I learned from her puppy raisers that that is just the way she is. I am also in a similar situation as you. It is beginning to get very cold and it has been raining recently, and I have a cold that I'm trying to get rid of. Therefore, I have not been out in a few days. All I can really do at this point is initiate some playtime with her and our other dogs. She will not initiate it on her own and that is okay. I guess if our dogs really wanted to play they would initiate it on their own. I just let her be because most of the time she doesn't get any days off. She usually works seven days a week so I am letting her take advantage of her free time right now. She loves sleeping so she is doing a lot of sleeping. I think that what you are doing by initiating playtime is good. If your dog doesn't want to play otherwise then I guess that's fine as well. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Juanita & Anise

Sent from my iPhone