[nagdu] School differences

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Thu Dec 27 13:36:24 UTC 2012

I agree that it is the fit that makes a partnership work or not.  Further,
all schools put out good and bad teams.  But I firmly believe that some
schools get it right more consistently than others.  At School A, you may
have a 60% chance of getting a dog that you can work with, while at School B
you have a 90-95% chance of getting what you need.  And I'm for optimizing
my chances as much as possible.  First, my life is on the line, and second,
I don't really have the time/energy to go away from home for weeks to train
with a dog any more than really necessary.
I respect people's freedom to choose the school that suits them best, and I
know that what I want in a school may be different from what others want,
but I don't actually believe that all schools are equal. I believe that some
do a consistently better job than others.
Tracy