[nagdu] Coming home

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Fri Dec 28 14:18:22 UTC 2012

Hi Eve.
Welcome to the list.
I do keep the dog on leash or tie-down for a while.  It varies according to
the dog, but it's at least a week or two.  I think I kept Ben on tie-down at
night for about a month, but he had the freedom of the house well before
that when I was awake and could supervise him.
My retired dog was living with us when Ben came, but they pretty much
ignored each other.  My old gal had been attacked, and had become wary of
other dogs, so I asked for a dog that wouldn't pester her and be always in
her face, and that's what I got.

Ben is my 6th dog, and my first from The Seeing Eye.  The others were from
GDB San Rafael.
Tracy