[nagdu] flying with Princess for the first time

Cindy Ray cindyray at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 02:28:06 UTC 2012

I have had only one dog that had a fear of flying. She was my first one, and she just panted, sitting upright and panting. First flight, she kept leaving the row and trying to go other places, so I had to keep watching over her. I petted her a lot and tried to comfort her, but it was all to no avail. She was like that any time I ever flew with her, which wasn't much. It does seem I went one place with her. Oh, yeah, I think it was to the Washington Seminar maybe.  My next dog developed a fear of flying because she developed a general fear of noise, and the biggest trouble I had with her was that she would poop in airports. It was just something to deal with.

Since that time all of my dogs have loved to fly and it has just not been an issue. Even Wayne, the one I had before Fisher, loved to fly. I liked to fly more than anything else we ever did. Every time I would fly I would think maybe we were making progress. He was nervous in security a little bit, but it wasn't anything serious or lasting. Fisher believes that security was developed for his need to be petted, so he loves to fly and especially to go through security.

Congratulations on your completion of the training. Happy trails to you and Princess.

Cindy