[nagdu] NHD National History Day question

Steven Johnson blinddog3 at charter.net
Thu Feb 2 00:05:04 UTC 2012

It Could have been a legitimate detention..depends on the situation,
wheteher the dog was trained to perform specific tasks or not....very
subjective.  I am sure we all have stories regarding access.  Although a dog
can be owner-trained, this does not mean this dog was functioning as a dog
guide.  However, it also doesn't mean that it wasn't performing some other
functional service such as seizure detection, diabetic alert or the like.

It is very tricky, and to get the inside scoop on your state's laws, I would
encourage you to go to www.nagdu.org and send NAGDU president an email.

Steve