[nagdu] *am angry*

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Fri Feb 10 19:47:52 UTC 2012

I saw that video of the newswoman getting bit by the dog in their studio.
The newswoman did put her face into the dog's face.  It showed it very
clearly and up close.  The dog may have interpreted that action by the human
as threatening.  It looked like the woman wanted to kiss the dog on the head
as many humans do to dogs. Dogs really don't like this but they adapt to the
quirks of their humans and tolerate it.  The dog was in a strange place with
all the commotion and TV lights.  A TV studio unnerves many animals that are
brought into them to be shown to viewers so they can get adopted.  I watch
the animals up for adoption and that are brought on the TV news every
Saturday and Sunday mornings.  I'd say that the majority of the cats and
dogs brought on the show are showing signs of discomfort with their
surroundings.

I have been in TV studios and I can see how it can unerve an animal.
Besides the people all over the place, the lights, the strange huge
equipment, the dogs or cats can see themselves in the many monitors
scattered around the studio.  To the animal, these images are other dogs
that may come after them.  The several times I've been on air on TV, people
always commented that my dog was staring at the dog in the cameras'
monitors.

The newswoman did a dumb thing.  You NEVER, EVER put your face into the face
of a strange animal.  We can do this to our own dogs because the dog knows
us and knows we mean no harm. To some dogs this is an aggressive action and
obviously this dog felt threatened by the woman's actions.  I don't blame
the dog; I blame the idiot woman.

It will be different when you bring your guide dog into this same studio
with that same woman reporter.  Your guide has obviously had much more
socialization and training than that pet dog.  Your dog isn't going to bite
her.  But, she STILL should NEVER put her face neart ANY animal like she
did.  She needs to learn how to RESPECT animals and their personal space
just like they need to do the same for other humans - blind people included.
Now, when a person puts his or her face into Landon's, they get thier faces
licked to death! LOL!  He really likes almost ALL people who will show him
that they are friendly and love dogs.

Lyn and Landon.