[nagdu] Not eating

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 20:35:45 UTC 2012

Not eating

Hi,

My dog is being extremely picky about eating over the past 10 days or so.
He has gone a few days without eating anything. He is still drinking water,
and will eat treats with no hesitation.

As you may know, I am feeding him Taste of the Wild Dry Dog Food, Hi Prairie
Canine Formula with Roasted Bison & Venison.

Out of desperation I tried filling his bole with some of the remaining
natural balance salmon and sweet potato, Fidelco provided with the dog, with
the same result.

I will fill his bole with food, put it out, leave it there for 45 minutes or
so, then put it back in the food container untouched. This will go on for 4
meals, and then I decided to make him eat. I sat there, and fed him out of
my hand for the entire 2 cups of food. This has happened twice, in the past
10 days. One would suspect that after the 2nd day, he would be quite hungry.
I am concerned there is something more going on hear besides him just being
picky. Instead of eating, he chews on his bone and stares at the food.

Suggestions, comments, ideas?

Thanks,

Mark