[nagdu] Dog on stage?

Shannon Dyer solsticesinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 11:44:29 UTC 2012

Hi, Julie.

My dogs have always come on stage with me, even for long performances. Do you tend to do a lot of moving around during your performances? If you don't, you might try keeping her near you, rather than off to the side. She might be a little more likely to stay that way.

Also, if you can, try to get her used to staying on stage. I don't know if you have access to an auditorium where you could work on this, but, if you do, try taking her there and making "stay" a really great thing. I've found that keeping your praise quiet and calm, rather than super enthusiastic is best when encouraging the "stay" command. The happy voice tends to make some dogs a little nutty. (Smile)

Good luck with this, and, if you'd like to talk about this more, you know how to find me.

Solstice Singer

If you're a Pagan, Goddess-centered woman wishing to build community, write to
WomenOfTheGoddess-subscribe at quitelikely.com