[nagdu] owner training

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 18:17:32 UTC 2012

William,

I'm just catching up after internet withdrawal from out in the sticks.
/smile/

Certification is not required for a service dog, including a guide dog.
The dog must be specifically trained to perform work for a person with a
disability. Naturally, the dog must also behave appropriately in public,
be clean, flea-free, etc., etc.

So I hear a lot about certification and get really snarly about it now
instantly. /lol/ In my own opinion, if my dog's behavior and training
and work do not speak for themselves, then that says it all. Same is
true for program-trained guide or other service dogs. Most of the
owner-trainers I know expect the same of themselves and their dogs that
the other guide dog users I know do. /smile/

Andyway, no certification required. And that's the way I want to keep
it! /grin/

Tami