[nagdu] owner training

Tami Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 18 18:22:28 UTC 2012

Buddy,

Yup! Exactly right! And if I never have one of those cards shoved in my
face again with a long lecture about how I need to get my dog
certified... /lol/ Okay, one person who frets at it frequently is a new
guide dog user and also a good friend. So I suppose I can survive it and
explain that legally my dog is legit as hers.

She did show me her card in enough light that I could see the very nice
picture of her and her dog on graduation, and there are snippets of the
law on it, which could be very handy in a pinch. /smile/

However, I do wish the programs weren't so quick to emphasize to grads
that if they run into trouble, all they have to do is flash the card to
show that their dog is a certified guide dog. Then again, if I had such
a handy ID card, I would no doubt be tempted to use it in a pinch.
/smile/ Or would I? It took me awhile to really get used to it, but I
find it kinda fun to just handle my own dang issues. Or something. Hard
to explain, I guess. I prefer to just go about my business, but if
somebody starts to question then I've got my spiel and 'tude and all.
/smile/

Tami