[nagdu] owner training

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Feb 18 23:58:46 UTC 2012

Steve,
    The message you wrote could very well be misconstrued. To be clear, what
is stated is that it is sometimes misconstrued that state law supercedes
federal law. This is only true if the state law provides greater protection.
In the case of documentation, even if a state has such a requirement, since
it is more restrictive than the federal law, it is unenforceable. On the
other hand, if it provides greater protection than federal law, it is
enforceable. For instance, if a state wants to remove the training
requirement for a service dog, it is free to do so, since it would be a
broader - not more restrictive - protection. Is this clear as mud? (grin)

Fraternally yours,
marion

more