[nagdu] meeting the puppy raisers

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Wed Feb 22 19:25:19 UTC 2012

I switched from GDB to TSE, so I've had both experiences.  Meeting my
puppy raisers was OK.  Some I kept in touch with a bit, on a Christmas
card level, and others not.  It was nice to ask them about my dog as a
pup, but not a big thing. It was also nice to know, if for somereason I or
my family couldn't keep the dog after retirement, that there were people
who knew the dog, and whom I knew, who might take him and give him a good
home.

My TSE raisers did put in Ben's puppy profile that he likes stuffed
squeaky toys, which I would never have thought of.  I'd be happy to meet
them.  I wrote to them, but they did not reply, which is fine, too.

I really don't miss the graduation hoopla at all.  I could happily live
the rest of my life without going through that circus again.
On the other hand, I think it's rather patronizing for TSE to censor what
I choose to write to my puppy raiser, if I choose to write at all.

Tracy