[nagdu] not cleanning or picking up

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Wed Feb 29 02:58:08 UTC 2012

Hi, Larry,
I've been there at times, not picked up after my dogs, but tried not to make a habbit out of it.
Whenever Odie has had the runs however, I've had no choice but to leave it and immediately notify my leasing office staff so no one would try to pull a fast one.
I find all dogs owners at some point are guilty when not cleanning up, regardless of a working or pet dog.
Yes, it's true I've come across some guide/other assistance dog handlers who don't clean up either and that makes all of us look bad.
What I find disgusting is when people let the dog go and then make an excuse that they can't bend down to get it up nor will they ask someone to help them, especially if they haven't been taught how to pick up.
I remember during a NAGDU convention or two, there were always volunteers stationed down at the relieving areas to offer assistance and let users know if they have gotten everything up off the ground inside the boxes of wood chips.
I'd like to hear from other veteran guide dog handlers on what it was like during their beginning chapters of if you were to pick up and did the schools require it back then.
I'm still a semi veteran guide dog user, so have lots to learn more of.
Bibi