[nagdu] could have, would have, should have

Lyn Gwizdak linda.gwizdak at cox.net
Wed Feb 29 20:06:36 UTC 2012

DAniel,
That TRAINER should have had the choke collar on and given a huge leash
correction for not listening to yhou and your very valid concerns while on
class! LOL!

I wonder at times as to what thought processes are going through some
trainers's heads when they match a dog to someone.  Your description of the
dog and what happened even while at school was so obvious that it was a poor
match to begin with.

A friend of mine, a very petite woman, was matched with this huge Lab who
was very energetic.  The dog had dog distraction problems and he also was
attacked.  He began to lunge at other dogs and he sucessfully pulled away
from this woman on many occassions.  I saw this in action one time and I had
to grab her dog's leash as he was pulling away from her to go after a
barking dog that was with a homeless guy.  I pulled up on the leash until
the dog stopped lunging and handed him back to her.  I did this when she
yelled, Lyn, help me!"  Having some vision, I was able to assess the
situation and help my friend out.  My friend did struggle with this dog for
about 6 years and the dog finally had to be retired due to health issues.
The dog was a really nice dog but a poor match for my friend.  He was more
of a guy's kind of dog.  After that dog, my friend applied for a dog at
another school and she was matched perfectly with a little, petite Lab and
they are a great match for each other.  The trainer at her new school was
right on with this.

You may want to make sure that the school you attend will listen to your
concerns.  Your school failed YOU and there's no excuse for that at all.

Regards,

Lyn and Landon