[nagdu] Odie's Vet Visit

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 7 01:00:50 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
Odie's vet visit went well yesterday.
He's approximately around 69 pounds, one point below seventy which I want to keep him that way, below the seventy mark at least.
He had his Bordotela vaccine renewed and his nails on his two front paws trimmed back, especially the thumb nails.
One of the vet techs spoiled him with a doggy cookie but she asked if he could have one first though.
I told her that was fine.
I asked Odie if he could do his rabbit trick for his cookie and sure ehough, he did it.
I call him a rabbit when he hops up and down.
No, he wasn't wearing his orange medical alert vest when he did the rabbit trick and nor would I allow him to do that once that vest is on.
His daddy Dale won't allow that behavior either.
I did find out that by law here in Colorado, all dogs still have to have their rabies vaccine, even when they are above eleve years old or so.
Only time the rabies vaccine won't be given is if the dog is already having medical troubles.
I told Doctor Kean that I'm glad tha lawy is in place, especially with the recent dog attack that just happened.
Doctor Kean did let me know that eventually down the road however if I decided to, that Odie wouldn't need the distemper or parbo vaccinations because by then, his amune system would be strong enough to fight them off.
Still, I'd rather not take that risk and just keep him vaccinated.
Since we come in contact with so many dogs, I can't be sure if many of them are vaccinated or even on heartworm preventatives.
One question I did forget to ask Doctor Kean is how to keep Odie from losing any teeth.
I know once dogs age, teeth will fall out, but it's something I'd rather not have happen to him intentionally.
Yes, I love him to death.
*Smiles*
Although he's no longer an actualy guide dog but a medical alert service dog who does so much for my husband Dale and I, he's still considered a loyal partner and a great member of the family.
Bibi, husband Dale and Odie
medical alert service dog
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf