[nagdu] Bailey's Latest--bathing, weight, etc.

Nicole B. Torcolini at Home ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Sat Jan 14 05:05:32 UTC 2012

My mother and I take Lexia to a pet store that also has a self serve dog
wash. Lexia gets shampooed twice, the first time not being as vigorous. I do
not recall what we use for shampoo, but I believe that it has oatmeal as one
of the ingredients. We use some of the shampoo from the store that is
tearless on her head. As mentioned by others, we wash her head last. When we
do, my mother first puts the shampoo on, and then I hold Lexia's ears shut
while my mother washes off the rest of her head. We do not have to worry
about Lexia slipping because of the way that the tub is made. Also, we do
not have to clean up.
When I am at college and Lexia needs a bath, a mobile groomer comes to bathe
her, as bathing her in the dorm shower is most certainly out of the
question. Luckily, this is usually no more than once a quarter, as it is
quite expensive.
Probably not so much anymore, but I used to not like taking her to get
groomed by a vet or other groomer without my mother or me because she did
not do well before or after the bath when she was put in a kennel to wait.
My mother and I believe this was because she thought that she was going back
to training.

Nicole and Lexia

P.S. Let me know if you want a way to not get wet when your dog shakes.