[nagdu] Advice Requested

Mark J. Cadigan kramc11 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 16:47:43 UTC 2012

Thank you to everyone for your response.

My dog does not mind pavement relieving. The patch of pavement I am using is
public property and not owned by the school. I believe all the school is
doing is blowing hot air.

There is no grass available for several blocks, and the area is not safe
after about 10:00pm. The location I am currently using is well lit, and
visible to the officers at the security desk of my dorm.

What kinds of modifications can the school require I make to my dog's
relieving practices? He is going on the shoulder of the rode, in a sort of
inlet that leads down an alley. There is a chain across the alley that if I
passed it I would be on private property. I don't go passed the chain.

I am removing 95% or higher of every deposit. They are still griping at me
for when due to no fault of my own, some remnants get stuck to the pavement
witch can't be removed.

There is also a trash can within 20ft of this patch of pavement I deposit
the bagged waist in this trash receptacle.

This is the policy and procedure recommended by Fidelco. The school is
threatening to write me up for a violation of the ODS amendment to the
student handbook. This section does not specify a punishment, so the
punishment would be at the discretion of the school.

I am not the first student to have a guide dog on campus, however, I am the
only one the ODS office has decided to harass. There is another student in
my dorm with a guide dog. However her dog is much smaller than my dog, with
a corresponding reduction in size of its deposit. This student takes her dog
behind the aforementioned chain onto private property. I am not comfortable
in doing this without the consent of the property owner. I am unable to
determine the property owner; however, I believe it is owned by either the
state or federal government. The property belongs to either a courthouse or
office building or perhaps both.

Thank you for your help,

Mark