[nagdu] access challenge story and heat wave continues

Criminal Justice Major orleans24 at comcast.net
Mon Jul 2 05:21:57 UTC 2012

Hi, all,
A friend of Dale's experienced an access challenge yesterday with her service dog Samantha.
Her dog is a PTSD service dog that helps her throught stressful situations.
Handler's name is Charmagne.
Saturday afternoon, Dale got a phone call on his cel phone from Charmagne's brother Charley to inform him that she ran into a problem being able to get inside of Country Buffet in the Thornton shopping Center with her four-legged furry partner Samantha.
Yes, the dog was trained by a service dog school, had a vest on with patches to indicate its purpose.
As Charmagne, her partner, brother and seven others possibly from her family were going to go inside to eat a meal and celebrate her birthday, the hoastis  immediately hollered at her and service dog to get out.
My husband immediately phoned the manager of the location and notified her of what happened.
The manager was very unhappy of how the hoastis had behaved toward a customer with a service dog and said she was going to take action.
Some people may ask how and why my husband ended up being the one to contact the manager instead of his friend, Charmagne.
Reason being is that when she asked for the manager, the hoastis lied and coming up with a claim that the manager wasn't in or available.
Once Denise the manager at the Country Buffet found out from my husband what happaned, she went outside and invited Charmagne, her furry working partner, brother and the other seven members of her family inside the restaurunt where they were given a free meal.
As for the hoastis directly, he/she will have $200 taken out of her pay check, be required to take a educational class on disabilities and service dogs or face suspension.
Many businesses here in colorado aren't going to put up with something like access denials because they know that law enforcement could easily close it down if they wanted to.
The ending was very happy for Charmagne and Samantha as Denise, the manager told them they are always welcomed to come to her establishment.
As for the heat wave, it continues on.
It's so bad that people are needing bags of ice.
Unfortunately, lots of stores like Super Wal-Marts, Targets, Kane-Marts and other grocery places alike are running out of ice all together.
I'mreally, really ready for the heat wave streak to end and look forward to moisture to help cool things off and clean out the air.
Tomorrow morning however, I may just get out around 7:00 AM, run up to office depot and then the UPS store so Odie can get out and at least, have get some exercise.
Bibi, husband Dale and son Odie
the happy spirited bounty labra wolf